Many people, especially entertainers, work in pairs – whether they are comedians doing a double act, musicians performing as a duo, or writers collaborating with one another. Try to answer these questions about various kinds of double acts.
1. Which folk-rock duo had hits with “Mrs Robinson” (1968) and “Bridge Over Troubled Water” (1970)?
2. Two US cartoonists joined together to make animated cartoons like “Tom and Jerry”, “Yogi Bear” and “The Flintstones”. What was the name of their company?
3. Which composer collaborated with William Gilbert to write operettas including “HMS Pinafore” and “The Mikado”?
4. Which US comic actor worked in partnership with Dean Martin from 1946 to 1956, starring in such films as “Artists and Models” and “Hollywood or Bust”?
5. Which singing duo had their first hit in 1965 with “I Got You Babe”?
6. The Wright brothers were the first to fly in a heavier-than-air machine. What were their first names?
7. Two French scientists, husband and wife, discovered the elements of polonium and radium. What was their surname?
8. Two singing brothers named Don and Phil had such hits as “Bye Bye Love”, “Wake Up Little Susie” and “All I Have to Do is Dream”. What was the brothers’ surname?
9. Which comedy duo appeared in the films “The Music Box”, “Sons of the Desert” and “Way Out West”?
10. In the 1960s, singer Tony Martin formed a double act with his wife. Who was she?
Find out the answers here