This week’s brainteaser is all about car manufacturers and makes of car.
1. Which car manufacturer was set up in Munich, Bavaria, and has a name which means “Bavarian Motor Works”? The blue and white of its badge are the colours of the Bavarian flag.
2. Which popular small British car was an instant success when launched by the British Motor Corporation in 1959?
3. Which car manufacturer has a name which stands for a phrase that means “Italian Car Factory, Turin”?
4. What was the brand name for vehicles manufactured following the merger of the Daimler Motoren Gesellschaft and Benz & Cie to create Daimler-Benz?
5. Which Japanese industrial city gives its name to the motor company which dominates it?
6. Which unpopular make of Ford car was named after the only son of Henry Ford and became a nickname for a manufactured product that is old-fashioned or that does not answer to the requirements of its time?
7. Which Swedish aircraft and motor-vehicle manufacturer has a name which means “Swedish Aeroplane Company”?
8. What is the biggest motorcycle manufacturer in the world and one of the largest Japanese motor-vehicle companies? Its sales took a marked upturn in 1966 with the new economy car, the N360.
9. Which European manufacturer produced the cheap “people’s” car, the 2CV?
10. Which car has a name which is Latin for “Hark!”
Find out the answers here, or copy and paste this link into your browser address bar: http://corp.credoreference.com/quiz