This brainteaser involves thinking of people’s first names. We give you their surnames and a brief biography – all you have to do is supply their first names.
1. Surname: Ritchie, British film director who married pop singer Madonna in 2000.
2. Surname: Ferry, lead singer and principal songwriter of Roxy Music.
3. Surname: Roberts, US film actress who rose to stardom in “Pretty Woman”.
4. Surname: Dahl, British author who wrote several anarchic children’s books, including “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”.
5. Surname: Pasteur, French chemist and biologist who invented pasteurization.
6. Surname: Groening, the creator of “The Simpsons” cartoon series.
7. Surname: Prost, French motor racing driver who became the first Frenchman to win the Formula 1 world drivers’ championship.
8. Surname: Putin, Russian statesman, president from 2000.
9. Surname: Robbins, US ballet dancer and choreographer, who choreographed the dances for such musicals as “The King and I” and “West Side Story”.
10. Surname: Dafoe, American film actor who played the Oscar-nominated role of Sergeant Elias in “Platoon” and the controversial title role in “The Last Temptation of Christ”.