Check your knowledge of cinema by naming the films in the clues below.
1. Which 1954 film starred Marlon Brando as Terry, a former boxer who achieves heroic status in the struggle against the waterfront mafiosi?
2. In the 1976 remake of which 1933 film about a giant ape did Jessica Lange take the part originally played by Fay Wray?
3. Which 2000 film by Baz Luhrmann explored the Paris of Henri Toulouse-Lautrec through music and song?
4. Which 1981 film was about the rivalry between two British runners – Harold Abrahams and Eric Liddell – competing in the 1924 Olympics?
5. Which 2001 computer-animated film was about an ugly smelly green ogre with a heart of gold?
6. Which 1970 film starred Mick Jagger as an Australian outlaw?
7. Which was the last film in Sergio Leone’s “Man With No Name” trilogy of spaghetti Westerns?
8. Which 1978 film musical had its title changed to “Vaselino” in Mexico and to “Brilliantine” in France?
9. Which 2003 film brought screenwriter and director Sofia Coppola international attention? It earned her the 2004 Academy Award for best original screenplay.
10. In which 1999 film did Angelina Jolie gain critical acclaim for her performance as a charismatic, controlling psychopath?