Here is another of our General Knowledge brainteasers, to test the breadth as well as the depth of your knowledge.
1. Name a state of the USA that begins with the letter “A”.
2. Which famous jungle character was the son of Lord Greystoke and his wife Alice?
3. Tabasco is a kind of sauce, named after a state in which country?
4. Who wrote the books “The Sun Also Rises” and “For Whom the Bell Tolls”?
5. The Gobi Desert spreads across two countries. Name one of them.
6. Music is written on a framework of lines and spaces called a staff or stave. How many lines are there in a normal staff or stave?
7. Which German-born actress starred in the films “The Blue Angel” and “Destry Rides Again”?
8. The Nikkei index or Nikkei average indicates the relative prices of stocks and shares on the stock exchange in which city?
9. Is Amman the capital of Iran, Iraq or Jordan?
10. Where is mother-of-pearl found naturally?
Questions set by Tony Augarde,
author of “The Oxford Guide to Word Games”
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!